søndag 1. januar 2012

Cinemabarrel: The Resurrection

I originally began writing here after a friend of mine made this lovely page so that I could exorcise my thoughts on movies, of which there are many. Yet, somehow during the year life and a healthy dose of apathy got in the way. It's a shame since I really enjoy writing and in particular when it comes to movies. So for several months there has been nothing. Fortunately, like with Jason Vorhees, there is always the possibility of resurrection. My goal this year is one post every week. Everything else is a bonus. I want to keep writing for myself more than anything and this is the perfect place. While my focus will continue to be on that of horror and exploitation I'll try to show greater variety with genres. 

During October I participated in the imdb horror boards annual Horror challenge, which consists of watching 31 horror films, where at least 16 has to be first time viewings. This has never been a problematic goal. The challenge for me was/is watching as many horror films you can bare before Halloween sneaks up. I managed to watch 100 movies (well, one is a stand-alone episode in Stephen King based miniseries Nightmares & Dreamscapes) and it was EXHAUSTING! Previous years my average have been around 60 movies. Some people have asked; How do you find the time? It's all priorities. I'm not claiming the priorities are always the right ones though. October is usually followed by a lot less horror oriented November. A friend of mine participated in the challenge as well and took pride in beating my ass with nearly 120 movies during that month. I'm still only scratching the horror surface here, so it will be interesting to see what the new year has in store. Stay tuned! I'll leave you with a freaky poster for the Polish vampire film I Like Bats (1986).


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar